As the Province is now in Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan, mask guidelines have changed.
Previous guidelines throughout the pandemic have been that masks were “strongly recommended” in common areas, including elevators, hallways, lobbies, stairwells, and laundry rooms.
Now that we are in Step 3, masks are recommended in common areas for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. With that said, the mask mandate order under the Emergency Program Act was lifted July 1st.
What this means for strata corporations.
- Update Notices & Signage
- Continue encouraging masks be worn until fully vaccinated;
- Ask people to continue being respectful of personal space. Everyone is moving forward at their own pace.
- Discourage Residents from policing the mask recommendations and do not ask people for proof of double vaccination.
- Refer Residents to the BC Restart Plan to do their own research
- Utilize standard Posters in additional to strata notices or signage for a clear message to Residents.
As the restrictions continue to ease, strata councils must look to re-open amenities. Our strata managers and operations team at Wynford have outlines for how to do so safely.
As noted above, it is important to recognize that everyone is moving forward through this Re-start Plan at their own pace, and we need to continue respecting our neighbours and fellow Residents.