Rodent Prevention and Pest Control Measures
With the onset of warmer weather, it is important to address the issue of rodent prevention within strata communities. Rodents can be a nuisance and pose health risks to residents, so it is essential to take proactive measures to keep premises rodent-free. Below are some valuable tips and guidelines to prevent rodent infestations in and around your homes.
Proper Waste Management:
• Ensure all garbage bins have tight-fitting lids and are regularly emptied.
• Dispose of household waste promptly and avoid leaving it overnight in open bags.
• Do not leave food scraps or pet food outside, as it attracts rodents.
• Seal any cracks or holes in the exterior walls, foundation, or roof of your property to prevent rodents from entering.
• Ensure all entry doors are sealed and flush with the ground.
• Trim tree branches and shrubs that are close to the building, as they can provide access points for rodents.
Pet Food Storage:
• Store pet food in airtight containers to prevent attracting rodents.
• Avoid leaving pet food out overnight, especially in outdoor areas.
• Report any signs of rodent activity in common areas promptly to the strata (either through the site manager or management office)
Professional Pest Control:
• Most strata corporations will have a professional pest control company under contract. Proper reporting to them will ensure your property has adequate measures in place.
Remember, prevention is key to avoiding rodent infestations. By implementing these simple measures, strata communities can collectively create a healthier and more pleasant living environment for all residents.